Dude you Rock!!!

Got a comment to make on this forum or the HaveTheKnowHow.com website? Then please let us know here
n2o2diver

Dude you Rock!!!

Post by n2o2diver »

I just wanted to take a minute and express my gratitude for such a outstanding guide and the accompanying forums.

What and invaluable wealth of information you have created.

I was up and running a Ubuntu server in one night, I never though I would say that!

You have opened up a whole new world for me.

Thank you
Sean
Ian

Re: Dude you Rock!!!

Post by Ian »

Wow Sean, that's really nice of you to say that. Thank you :clap:

The main website came about after my struggle to find decent up to date documentation on how to do stuff. I was forever bricking my OS after following duff guides so I started to document how to rebuild everything from scratch. I then had this crazy idea that I couldn't be the only person on the planet trying to build a media server from the ground up so I put all my notes up on the internet (after tidying them up somewhat ;)). At the same time I created a blog to give people one-on-one help when they got stuck. That blog soon turned into a right mess of posts so I started this forum.

My dream is that one day the forum will be full of people helping each other. :)

Ian.
JohnMK

Post by JohnMK »

I'd just like to add to the plaudits for this site. I came across it after I had physically put together the hardware for my mediaserver (which I also want to use as a playground/lab for playing with other sotware/tech). I've not quite gotten through the whole guide so far, but everything so far is working great (OK, a few very minor niggles which are specific to my hardware: sending monitoring emails).

I've been using Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot 64-bit Server Edition and I put KDE desktop on it rather than Gnome. Am really looking forward to going through the rest of the guide. Need to configure flexraid next.

Thanks again

John
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks for your kind words John, it's much appreciated. :thumbup:

Ian.
Aaronsword

Dude you Rock

Post by Aaronsword »

not sure. I can try to move all of the videos into one topic if you want me to.