Musical Taste.

Here's the perfect place to discuss pretty much anything you like. Obviously the normal forum rules apply: no spam, be nice to people and most important of all, have fun!
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Musical Taste.

Post by Andy Horn »

What sort of music do you listen to mainly?.

I am a bit of an old rocker, although I have mellowed a bit with age :wtf:

AC/DC (not me personally the Aussie band)
Thunder
Iron Maiden, no not Margaret Thatcher

That sort of stuff
Ian

Re: Musical Taste.

Post by Ian »

Hi Andy,

Funny you ask about musical tastes because just the other day someone said I had a very eclectic taste in music. I had to google eclectic :lol:

I do honestly like quite a wide variety of music. Probably 80s focused in terms of what bands were around when I started buying albums: Queen, Bon Jovi, Europe, Genesis, Dire Straits, Aerosmith, Level42. But then I also now like classical music, pop (Take That, Westlife), R&B, soul. I have probably 20 "now" albums :oops:

A few styles I definitely DO NOT LIKE: rap, drum n bass, and probably a few others if you mention them!

Was never really into AC/DC but definitely into Thunder and Iron Maiden.

I used to play drums (gave up quite a few years ago) and so at the time tended to like music that I could play along to. So was definitely not into the likes of Soft Cell and all that other synth-type drum machine dross. :evil:

Ian.
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Post by Andy Horn »

Ahh Iron Maiden, I've got a story to tell.

Imagine the scene:

My mate and me queuing up to see Maiden circa 1980, location Coatham Bowl, Redcar-November it was bloody cold. ( A little known fact about Teesside, if you hold a compass pointing north on the coast, there is no land mass between where you holding the compass and the north pole and the same goes for Calais in France, as you can imagine it is farking cold when the wind blows from the north.)

Back to my Maiden story, an american van left the venue containing the band, so my mate and decided we would follow it where it went to a local hotel, so we went in to see if we could catch a glimpse of the band-did we ever we had a pint with Dave Murray later to be joined by Paul D'iano (original lead singer) and Clive Burr the drummer at the time, a fantastic experience shame I lost the autographs.

I had to Google eclectic-it describes me to a T.

Andy
Ian

Post by Ian »

Great story Andy. I wonder whether you could do that today. The band's bouncers would probably throw you out :oops: