security certificate error

Here's the perfect place to discuss pretty much anything you like. Obviously the normal forum rules apply: no spam, be nice to people and most important of all, have fun!
dublindoc

security certificate error

Post by dublindoc »

Due to modem failure and its replacement by comcast with an Arris tg862 modem/router, my unbutu server lost any functioality. All disks were scrambled and I reformated all disks and reinstalled ubuntu 12.04 server and other software (samba, webmin, etc). After installing the webmin program and trying to access webmin with the 10.0.0.10:10000 address from my IE9 browser page, i constantly get a certificate error. The warning page will not let go to the web site when I click - go to the web site anyway (NOT RECCOMMENED). I have set up webmin several times before and never had this happen.

The Arris modem/router uses addresses with a 10.0.0.1 instead of the traditional 192.168.1.1'

Can I please get some help?
Ian

Re: security certificate error

Post by Ian »

Hi there,

I've not seen this one before but all my googling about it suggests it's an IE problem and not a problem with your server. Are there any pending updates for your windows machine? Pending "Root Certificate" updates have been the solution to their problems. Hope they are with yours too?

Ian.
dublindoc

Post by dublindoc »

Thanks for the help Ian!!! I installed CHROME and could open webmin immediately. You saved my day.
Ian

Post by Ian »

That's one way of solving the issue I guess :lol:

Anyway, glad you got a solution :thumbup:

Ian.