thank you for your interesting and helpful guides, i really have found them useful, as I have recently purchased NeoTV550
I would like to ask your help though on setting up symlinks on my Qnap NAS (TS-212).
I have read your guide on the subject and most likely I will use your kindly shared file (http://www.havetheknowhow.com/scripts/C ... mlinks.txt
), as I have a similar situation with many unfriendly organized folders/sources that need to be presented in a simple way on Neo.
The questions that arose, are:
1) where should i put this script file to run it; or it does not matter at all as long as it is on NAS?
2) how deep should be the path to DestFolder and SourceFolders described? since the very root folder of disk? or it depends where the script is placed?
3) can I add in the script locations on remote Win7 machine (connected to the same router as the NAS) and will the script still work (for other parts) when run with remote Win7 machine switched off?
4) can I add in the script locations on external USB hard drive (attached to NAS), how do I find it's correct path on my NAS and will the script still work (for other parts) when run with external hard disk switched off?
5) i guess, the DestFolder in my case has to be located in a specific place in order for it to be available for sharing via my NAS Administration web GUI?
I'd like to add that I am a total nooby in terms with working with Linux, just got installed Putty on my Win7 a week ago and have played around for some simple commands (some of them coincide with MS-DOS for my surprise) but not more than that.