Awesome website! Cable question...

Need some help choosing hardware? Having trouble getting some hardware working? Just want to talk about hardware?
Bluebarron

Awesome website! Cable question...

Post by Bluebarron »

Hello!

I was happy when I saw that this site has a forum! I hope some of you are still active. My first question I bring to the community is about CAT7 Cable... Given I am wiring my house in the present, and I plan on being in the house for awhile, I want to use CAT7 for I dont need to re-wire when 10 Gbps speeds come in a decade. I have found CAT7 cable strands on newegg. What I cannot find is CAT7 jacks, patch panels, crimping ends... etc. Does anyone know of a website where I could find all of this? Or can I just use CAT6 connectors.... from my understanding of cable, I do not see why it would matter. The only difference, that I know of, between cat6 and cat 7 is how many twists per inch is in the wires. More twists, more shielding, less loss of signal over distance; finally equaling a higher sustained frequency over the same distance. I dont see a 1 inch CAT6 connector disrupting that. But I seek your experience!

Thank you!
mpompey

Re: Awesome website! Cable question...

Post by mpompey »

Cablestogo.com carries Cat7 connectors.