Help with VNC server on 16.04

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
xacto

Help with VNC server on 16.04

Post by xacto »

Hi!

I searched for this and did not find any clear info on how to do this.

I found that page and it is really interesting but can it be adjusted for 16.04 ?http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Configure ... l-VNC.html

Anyone can help on this?
I just need exactly the same, including the "How to prevent Gnome starting on the server on boot" part, but on a 16.04 server...

Thanks
xacto

Re: Help with VNC server on 16.04

Post by xacto »

I think I figured out how to do what I need.
Thanks anyways.
tmp

Post by tmp »

Hi xacto. Could you post your solution. I am about to build a new server and want to install 16.04 rather than 14.04 if there is a solution that works. I am new to Linux but have successfully built a test server on 14.04 using the have the know guide.
Many Thanks
panner

Post by panner »

I installed 16.04 then had much frustration trying to setup VNC which 3 months ago had not supported this build!
I looked around and came across X2Go which not only is simplicity it's seft to setup but, in my opinion, is a much better product.

Geoff
tmp

Post by tmp »

Thanks Panner. i'll have a look at X2Go. I've got 14.04 working as a test server with VNC and need to decide if I build my main server at 14.04 or 16.04 and getting VNC or similar working is key.