lost link on ubuntu server install

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
w00die

Re: lost link on ubuntu server install

Post by w00die »

Hi Ian,
I am sorrry, but it still seems not OK. With a bit of difficulty I can access the forum, but your website is unaccessible to me. Still the religious stuff only
It's strange.....

w00die
Ian

Post by Ian »

Oh dear. Sorry.

When you ping the URL for my website do you get 184.172.176.49 back or 50.22.81.191. Or indeed something else?

Ian.
parsy

Post by parsy »

The website is still working fine from my works pc but not at home. I've tried both my pc and Iphone at home using my wifi and both didn't work. I then switched my Iphone to 3G and the website loaded fine.

Hope that helps.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks parsy. I've passed your findings back to them and, hopefully, they've now cracked the issue (Déjà vu anyone? :roll: )

Will take up to 8 hours to propagate apparently but hopefully the issue will soon be behind us. :clap:
w00die

Post by w00die »

Dear Ian,
Yes I got the right Ip address when I ping and also the right webpage. I am happy as I can go through your nice ubuntu server guide. Let's hope things stay this way!
Thanks

W00die
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yeah, life seems to have returned to normal now. Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of it.

Ian.