Mediatomb and Webmin

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
itmservnet

Mediatomb and Webmin

Post by itmservnet »

Thanks for a great forum. I've been searching through it for my problem, but haven't found it SO I thought I'd put it out there. Surely someone has had this problem.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx. I've tried to install both Webmin and Mediatomb. Both error out. It has to do with Webmin, I think. This is the error message I get.
"usr/share/ebox/ebox-dbus-check" no file or directory at "usr/share/perl5/EBox.pm"
I go to "usr/share/ebox" and I find no file called "ebox-dbus-check". I do find the "EBox.pm" file in "usr/share/perl5/".

It also barked about another file "var/lib/ebox/conf/redis.first" This file isn't in the "var/lib/ebox/conf" subdir. I'm sorry but I've forgotten exactly what the problem was.

It must have to do with a missing dependency I do believe. This is the error that I've gotten every time I try to install Webmin. I have tried and believe I've succeeded installing the deprecated perl module from the repository. I'm working from the command line, mainly because I'm a very old Unix person and I don't want to use the gui on my server.

I've tried downloading and installing Webmin multiple times with the same result. Evidently I need Webmin to use Mediatomb.

If anyone has an idea I would greatly appreciate any input, thoughts, notes, guidance or help anyone has to share.

Thanks!!!

itmservnet
Ian

Re: Mediatomb and Webmin

Post by Ian »

Hi itmservnet and welcome to the forum.

Google didn't help me much with your problem and I've not experienced it myself. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and Webmin but not Mediatomb.

Give me a couple of hours and I'll try and replicate your problem here and report back with my findings.

Ian.
Ian

Re: Mediatomb and Webmin

Post by Ian »

Hi itmservnet,

I've just installed 10.04 from scratch then installed Webmin and then Mediatomb. Everything works fine. :crazy:

Are you using the 32bit version of Ubuntu or the 64bit version? I've tried the 64bit but not the 32.

I don't have a folder anywhere on the server called ebox now I've installed both those apps. :wtf:

A quick google comes back with a "web framework" app called eBox. Never heard of it before. Can you give us more details of what you're trying to do please. Are you currently accessing your server via eBox somehow?

I don't think you need Webmin to use MediaTomb. I guess you might use Webmin to create and permission shares etc but if you're comfortable with command line then Webmin won't help you much. Unless I'm missing something?

Ian.