Deluge auth file

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.

Deluge auth file

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the guide - some great info there.
Saw the 8.04 one too, but ftp got lost? Plenty guides around, just curious.
Anyway, only 1 major query - what to do with deluge auth file? As you've setup a deluge user, do they have an auth file? I can't connect with a remote client, only the web gui (even enabling remote connection in it). Any ideas?
FWIW, mythtv failed also, but that's almost expected. Always database or permission issues.
Ian

Re: Deluge auth file

Post by Ian »

Hi,

If there is already an auth file in the /var/lib/deluge folder then add an extra line which reads

deluge:deluge

If there is not one already then create one, add the entry above and make deluge the owner.

In terms of mythtv, I can only get it to work by running the mythtv-setup as sudo. Despite my best efforts I've not found a way to run it properly as me. If you have some tips I'd love to hear them. :D

Hope this helps.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply. Did have to create the auth file, as was not there. Added deluge:deluge:5 and chown to deluge:deluge but still no remote connection it seems. Any more ideas?

With mythtv, I've had a similar issue before (could not open card) and is usually a permission thing on the adapters. Just tales a while to sort it out. I'm constantly amazed how something like mythtv, around for years, fails to install properly 9/10 times. Mythbuntu can do it. Unbelieveable.
Cheers.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Guest wrote:Thanks for the reply. Did have to create the auth file, as was not there. Added deluge:deluge:5 and chown to deluge:deluge but still no remote connection it seems. Any more ideas?

With mythtv, I've had a similar issue before (could not open card) and is usually a permission thing on the adapters. Just tales a while to sort it out. I'm constantly amazed how something like mythtv, around for years, fails to install properly 9/10 times. Mythbuntu can do it. Unbelieveable.
Cheers.
Hi,

Hmm, what you've done SHOULD work.
If you tried a few different guides/permutations to install deluge then it's possible deluge is looking in a different place for the auth file. Search your drive for all folders called "deluge" and add the same auth file to each location. It might even be a hidden folder.
Also look for a .config folder.

What version of deluge have you installed?

Post by Guest »

Hey, vanilla ubuntu install, so should be no other folders. Think was current/latest (1.2.x). Going to grab a new drive and re-install everything anyway (need mythtv to work, or tvheadend). Let you know how it goes.
I have used the thinclient install from the deluge site no probs for remote usage.
thinmintaddict

Post by thinmintaddict »

As far as the auth file is concerned, the new location is "/var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge"

I've reinstalled my server a couple times since I first found the guide, and at some point the location moved. It should probably be changed in the guide.

I saw you mention that you could only connect with the web gui, and not a remote client. this is a little more complicated.

To set-up the server to accept remote access:

1. install the deluge console, as you most likely only have deluged and deluge-webui:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install deluge-console
2. start up the deluge console:

sudo -H -u deluge deluge-console
3. configure the daemon to allow remote access.
a. in the console type "connect" it should say "Connected to 127.0.0.1:58846!"
b. type "config -s allow_remote true"
c. confirm that it worked, type "config allow_remote" it should return the value "true"
d. exit the console, type "exit"

4. restart the daemon

sudo /etc/init.d/deluge-daemon restart
after this you should be able to connect with a remote client by pointing it to the ip of your server and using the credentials you put in the auth file.

I originally found the information athttp://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi there thinmintaddict,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'll redo my guide. I wrote it at the time the 1.2 Release Candidate for Deluge came out so it's about time I went through it again and updated it.

Where have I seen your username before? I think you hang around on the same forums I do. ;) AVSForum or AVForums perhaps?

Ian.
HK-deluge

Post by HK-deluge »

Hello Guys

I have been able to successfully get deluge daemon to startup automatically on reboot.
But now i cannot login via Deluge Client on MacOSX using deluge:deluge:10 as login credentials.
And now i am a bit lost. Since i couldnt find anyone post a complete instruction on how to
get deluge to run as a daemon on autostart and have a user be able to remotelly access deluge
or run flexget. My setup works if i just have it installed for a normal user not as a daemon, by
just having the user start deluged on ssh login.
can you guys explain all the steps involved in getting it to work from A - Z ?
i am now lost with the daemon setup have been trying for hours and hours.

Would be great i think also for other confused users who want to have a headless deluge raspberry pi running
with all the bells and whistles (flexget etc).

Thanks in advance.
zulu

Post by zulu »

I don't seem to have the file or path mentioned above in this thread. All I could find was /var/lib/deluged/config. And I cannot get into config as whenever I try to use cd /var/lib/deluged/config I get error message permission denied.