failed to do homework on Tixati

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
gmachine24

failed to do homework on Tixati

Post by gmachine24 »

Below is what I wrote . . . before doing more research -->>> Tixati hasn't been updated since May 2013; although I like the software a lot, upgrades/updates seem problematic at this point. The last "news" from Tixati (on its Web site) was from May 2013. So, keep this in mind. I didn't want to delete my post as I plan to use Tixati until I find something better. But felt I should add this.

Hi. I referred to your Web site many times while building my Ubuntu media server - and as it's not completed (is it ever?) I'm sure I'll be back.

I have a suggestion: I spent many hours attempting to configure Flexget to run with Deluge. I gave up, thinking there must be an easier solution:

It's called Tixati. Free, open-source and easy to configure - to me, much better than Flexget's convoluted configuration for RSS feed/video downloads.

Granted, Tixati only seems usable with a GUI - I have asked several times on their Forums if there is a version that can be run on a headless server (no answer) - however, I was able to do in an hour what it took many hours to attempt, and fail, to do using Flexget, etc. Granted, my lack of abilities had something to do with this. However, I still think Tixati is a much more elegant, streamlined solution. And if you log in remotely from another Linux computer, you can use the

$ssh -X name@192.168.x.x

option which allows you to configure Tixati using the program's easy GUI from your remote log in.

For what it's worth.

gm
Last edited by gmachine24 on February 25th, 2014, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Re: suggestion: consider Tixati for rss feed / video downloa

Post by Ian »

Thanks for your suggestion :clap:

I'm in the process of re-doing many of the pages and so will definitely look into this. So thanks again :thumbup:

Ian.
gmachine24

Re: failed to do homework on Tixati

Post by gmachine24 »

Hey Ian - thanks for the prompt reply. Please see my updated original post.....
Ian

Re: failed to do homework on Tixati

Post by Ian »

Sure, it's still worth a look tho even if it's not being actively developed. FlexGet is great IF you can get it working nicely. Luckily I only have very simple needs :roll:

Ian.