Deluge access through thin client

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
zulu

Deluge access through thin client

Post by zulu »

I installed the deluge daemon successfully using the guide provided on this site and I'm able to access it via the web UI. However I want to be able to access it also from thin clients, but most guides state to edit auth file found in ~/.config/deluge/auth but such folder does not exist!

I'm trying to access /var/lib/deluged/config to see if there is auth file in there but get the message operation not permitted if I try to change to that working directory!!
Ian

Re: Deluge access through thin client

Post by Ian »

Hi,

Have a look in /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge

The file is "owned" by the deluge user. So, issue the following command to edit the auth file as the deluge user:

Code: Select all

sudo -H -u deluge vim /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/auth
Good luck :thumbup:

Ian.

ps. If you try to look in a folder and you get a permission denied error your best bet is to issue the same command as root:

Code: Select all

sudo ls -al TypeYourFoldernameHere
zulu

Post by zulu »

Thanks for the reply Ian. I've tried the 1st command you mentioned and it seems to create a new file. Also why do I have the following path /var/lib/deluged/config and not /var/lib/deluge/.config?

I installed the headless server using your own guide, so shouldn't paths and names be exact?

I can get as far into /var/lib/deluged and when I use sudo ls -al config I get the following:

total 8
drwxr-x--- 2 debian-deluged debian-deluged 4096 Jan 30 21:48 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 6 19:47 ..

EDIT:

Finally managed to sort this just past midnight when I nearly game up. Simply used sudo so and then find -name auth, after which I have found my deluge config at /home/deluge/.config/deluge.
I edited the auth file successfully after which I was able to connect using the windows client.

Thanks for your help.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi Zulu,

Well done for getting to the bottom of it. :clap:
Alas I don't have an explanation for why your path was different to mine. I did a fresh install on 14.04 using my guide and that's the path where the auth file was sitting. :crazy:
zulu

Post by zulu »

There's a first time for everything :D , I followed most of your guides on the forum and so far have setup my apache server and connect to it outside my LAN with a hosted domain name, have installed Samba server and NFS but couldn't use NFS so far as I can't find a client to use on my Windows 7 Home premium. Shame as from reading most suggest that NFS has double the speed of Samba. Also got Plex media server installed and the app installed on my Samsung smart TV and works brilliantly just shame for the android app as have to pay for that.

SSH also is working fine from both my LAN and remotely outside my LAN. Trying to set email servers now and see what else I can do with this box as it's sitting on 24/7 but mainly just seeding torrents at the moment.
Ian wrote:Hi Zulu,

Well done for getting to the bottom of it. :clap:
Alas I don't have an explanation for why your path was different to mine. I did a fresh install on 14.04 using my guide and that's the path where the auth file was sitting. :crazy: