SnapRAID

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
Harpz

SnapRAID

Post by Harpz »

Hi

First of all thanks for the great guild on how to install SnapRAID, I used it to install SnapRAID 6.3 on Ubuntu server 14.04 and had no issues following the steps laid out.

I'm new to both Ubuntu server and SnapRAID, I currently using unRAID on my server and hope to change that soon. Ive learnt loads and still learning what a great tool SnapRAID is.

Just last night i was playing with the fix command, WOW having the ability to restore a deleted directory / file is great :) Ive deleted things before by mistake and had to re-download them :(

At the moment I'm using mhddfs for the pooling option but having a few issues with way it distributes files. Last night i copied A TV Show over which had 2 sub folders in one of these folders were 12 mkv files and the other had 24 mkv files.

When i copied them over via the pooled mount point the first sub folder and most of the files in the second sub folder stayed on the first TV_Show folder on disk 2 but a few files went over to the TV_Shows folder on disk 4. Is there an option to make them stay together, or should i just copy directly to the disks.

Also another thing i noticed was that after i initially setup and saved my /etc/snapraid.conf and whet to snapraid sync i get a denied error, to get around this i have to run all commands with sudo.

Any ideas on what Ive messed up, sounds like a permission problem but I'm still a little green to fix it myself?

After that its getting my UPS and Scheduling sorted along with emailing current smart status of the disks :)
gmachine24

Re: SnapRAID

Post by gmachine24 »

Hi - re: using sudo to run snapraid, I guess I finally decided to just run it that way. Then I saw your post. So ...

I found this; maybe it helps??

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2176243

I'm going to try it when I get home and see what happens.