Problems since upgrading.

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
WhatHaveIDone?

Problems since upgrading.

Post by WhatHaveIDone? »

Hi people,
I've been having a few problems since upgrading to 14.04 that I haven't been able to find answers for, and would appreciate any help.

1) I can no longer see my server in Windows 7 Explorer (although I had it working somehow one night last week, switched my laptop off, went to bed and the next day nada). I've double and triple checked that the Workgroup names are the same, and reset everything countless times. This is really frustrating, as I did get it working, and didn't change anything, but I haven't a Scooby what's going on.

2) I run my server as my main HTPC. Sometimes it seems to be locking to a black screen with a large white pointer, and the only way of getting away from this is to do a system reset. I've checked that "Screen Lock" is set to "Never" in the profile settings, so I am obviously missing something.

3) I use Chrome's "Start webpage as App" for a couple of sites, to make life easier for my GF, but since upgrading they will only open minimised. This isn't a huge problem, but it would be great if someone new a fix.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any advice.

Sean
WhatHaveIDone?

Re: Problems since upgrading.

Post by WhatHaveIDone? »

Ok, so by going to Run in Win7 and typing \\NameOfServerHere, I've been able to access it. I'll just have to remember that tomorrow! If anyone has any ideas on how to force the issue, I'd sure be grateful! :thumbup: