Install LTSP and...nope, no restart. "command not found

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
joe30030

Install LTSP and...nope, no restart. "command not found

Post by joe30030 »

I am diligently following your script, I mean instructions, for building this and have reached the install LTSP stage. Using 14.04 and I believe all the preceding steps have completed successfully. I installed LTSP and believe I have configured the dhcpd.conf file to match my situation. when I first attempted to sudo /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server restart, I received a "command not found" error. So I rebooted the server. When I tried the restart command again I got some fun "no talloc stackframe at ../source3/param/loadparm.c:4864, leaking memory"

So I searched your forum and found a mention of this with a new command "restart isc-dhcp-server" this command was rejected with more following info.

In case you are not clear, this is my first significant dive into Linux.

Any thoughts?

Joe
joe30030

Re: Install LTSP and...nope, no restart. "command not found

Post by joe30030 »

I decided to delete and rebuild the server. So I haven't gotten back to LTSP yet. I imagine I will at some point, but decided that it was better to get more familiar and setup the rest of the server first.