Duplicates in Webmin Logical Volume Management?

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
joe30030

Duplicates in Webmin Logical Volume Management?

Post by joe30030 »

The Logical Volume Management in Webmin is odd. I have four drives in this box yet it shows 8 in the physical volumes tab. In the logical volumes management tab I show four, yet I only should have 2. And the commands at the top and bottom of the graphics that indicate partitions are also doubled.
The only place that is different is the Volume Groups tab that shows two volume groups with the same name, but differing sizes.

If I compare a pair of partitions all the data is identical.

I have installed the server a couple of times and the volume group name is what is created in the installer. I am assumeing there is something on a different hard drive creating the ghost, but I don't understand the duplicate commands in webmin nor how to remove the extra.

How do I determine the correct one and clear it?
joe30030

Re: Duplicates in Webmin Logical Volume Management?

Post by joe30030 »

Well, I suppose I had some left over artifact from the first attempt at building this server. I have had too many stumbles this go around and decided to wipe and start over. The good news is it will go much faster. :)