MusicIP Mixer hangs when I go to "Watch Folders" in Preferences

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
strangedays

MusicIP Mixer hangs when I go to "Watch Folders" in Preferences

Post by strangedays »

Hi everyone,

After switching from Win XP to Linux, I decided it was time to see if I could get the beloved MusicIP Mixer working again. I installed it through WINE and everything works fine, but I wanted to restore my backed up Analyze data so all my songs are mixable again.

I copied my backup files to the MusicIP directory and when I start MiP I can see all my old songs are recognized as mixable. However it can't play any of the songs because the location path is different now. And whenever I try to go to Watch Folders in Preferences to change that, MiP just freezes indefinitely the second I click it with the mouse.

I tried rescanning my whole library from scratch, too, but it can only make about 1300 out of 3500 songs mixable... Where as in my backup data 3300+ songs are mixable. There in lies the problem. How can I change the file path that MiP sources the songs from while still keeping my old Analyze data for each track?

Please note that the songs are still where they've always been but when I switched to Linux I think the external drive they are on has a different file path name now. So the file path MiP has on record doesn't match anymore.

Well I hope that's all clear. If you need more details, just ask. I've always loved this program and use it often for my writing so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Any ideas at all would be great! Thanks.
gmachine24

Re: MusicIP Mixer hangs when I go to "Watch Folders" in Preferences

Post by gmachine24 »

where did you get the MusicIP software - because I cannot find it anywhere.
strangedays

Re: MusicIP Mixer hangs when I go to "Watch Folders" in Preferences

Post by strangedays »

Hi gmachine24,

As you probably know by now you can download MusicIP here: http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?pag ... p-software they also have it at download.cnet.com but I think that's an older version, 1.5 or something like that.

In other news, I had an idea that I thought might solve my problem. I thought maybe I could manually replace MusicIP's watch folder file directory in whichever of its system files stores that information. The question is... where the heck is that info stored? :eh:

If anyone out there has any ideas or leads or just knows of another forum for MusicIP I could go to for help I'd really appreciate it.