Renaming Seeding Media for Kodi scrapers

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
panner

Renaming Seeding Media for Kodi scrapers

Post by panner »

Hi,
Following years of great service from my Server (12.04) having followed Ian's methods it's time to improve further.
I would like to again follow Ian's method with Kodi using MySQL via Android boxes.
I'm currently trialling Kodi on a Windows PC feeding from my Movie collection.
My problem is the naming of the files (as they are used to seed on a private tracker) don't allow Kodi's scrapers to work to their best.
I'm researching this and so far have identified possible need for Hard/Soft symlinks to be set up! This is a whole new area for me.
Is there anyone on the forum who has this sorted?
What is the best method?
Are there any Programmes/Add On's that could help me?
I have over 1000 movies, 500 TV shows and a further 900 Music Albums to set up!!
Any pointers/directions/help would be welcome

Geoff
Ian

Re: Renaming Seeding Media for Kodi scrapers

Post by Ian »

Hi Geoff,

Sorry it's not an answer to your question but I use Media Center Master for tagging all my content. I find it much easier to configure and tweak than the Kodi scrapers. I've always found them to be somewhat of a mystery.

Ian.
panner

Post by panner »

Hi Ian,
Yes I use Movienizer to do similar. The problem with torrenting file is the naming structure of the files, which of course can't be changed from the original if continued seeding is wanted. Movienizer will export .nfo files into the Movies to cover the Kodi scrappers, however this essentially changes the file size, therefore corrupting the original torrent.
I'm currently investigating a program called FileBot.

Geoff
panner

Post by panner »

Hi All,
Just to close this thread.
Kodi worked it's magic and eventually scraped all my Movie, TV and Music files. One thing I've learned is that Kodi may take a number of days to initiate any major changes such as initial set up of large collections. Any way all's well that ends well.

p.s I did not need to rename or relocate any files other than the TV programmes were moved to a 'TV' location. All remained torrenting