CPU Temperature script

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.

CPU Temperature script

Post by Guest »

Hello, first off many thanks for this site. It's great and has totally inspired me. My question is about the script you wrote to monitor the CPU temps. I was reading through the language of the script and noticed that it only addresses two cores, as you chose a dual core CPU for your build. What, if anything, do I need to alter in this script to apply it to a Core i3-540 CPU, which I believe has two actual cores and two virtual cores? Thanks for your help.
Ian

Re: CPU Temperature script

Post by Ian »

When you issue the "sensors" command it produces some output showing the current state of your machine (fan speed, voltages etc) including the temperatures of your CPU core(s). I then do a "grep" of the lines that have the word "Core x:" in them. From there I know where the temperature value is displayed (col 14 w 2).
So, basically you'll simply need to adjust the script to suit whatever output you get when you issue the sensors command on your machine.

As and when you reach that point let me know and I'll help you tweak the script.