MythTV installation

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
freddy_boy

Re: MythTV installation

Post by freddy_boy »

Sorry to say, but I decided to put this project on hold. I needed to get a machine up and running sooner, so I eventually went back to the old Windows world. Dealing with a Windows OS, and incompatible drivers, or stubborn applications is something I seem to be able to deal with. It's the 'devil you know'... My inexperience with a Linux based system was enough to slow things down, and give me second thoughts about the project. In the end, I now have a Windows 7 machine that can serve all my media files, download torrents, and record my cable programming --- basically what I wanted to do. I may eventually decide to re-visit Ubuntu, as I understand the nature of a true multi-user, multi-tasking OS... and my Windows 7 machine may end up not being able to deliver... Thanks for the help!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that freddy_boy. Very sorry indeed. I feel we've let you down :-(

I've been reading about lots of bugs with MythTV on Ubuntu 10.10. Race conditions and flaky tuner drivers and the like. Generally just a nightmare. Is that what version you were using? I gave up on 10.10 and went back to 10.04LTS before I lost too much hair. :thumbdown:

Maybe when you feel like taking up the challenge once more you'll come back and let us help you?

Take care sir. :thumbup:

Ian.
freddy_boy

Post by freddy_boy »

Actually, I tried going back to Lucid Lynx 10.04 after things with Mustang seemed to go south. No, you guys didn't let me down. I just had less time to investigate than I wanted. I am sure that I will eventually look at this again someday... Thanks for all your help, and keep up the good work!