Ubuntu 16.04 - Deluge Headless

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
regnis

Ubuntu 16.04 - Deluge Headless

Post by regnis »

Could you PLEASE update the article for Deluge Headless so it also can work on Ubuntu 16.04.

I have been killing my self the WHOLE day not understanding what goes wrong. Then finally after MANY hours looking at different things, Deluge on 16.04 just ignores EVERYTHING i have said it should do.

I was like huh? debian-deluged...user? When did i made that user? Looked in to the script never found any clues. After finally looking at the default script deluge on 16.04 is making it all made sense.
Ian

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 - Deluge Headless

Post by Ian »

I thought it worked already. Apologies, I'll take a look at it and update where necessary.
regnis

Post by regnis »

Ian wrote:I thought it worked already. Apologies, I'll take a look at it and update where necessary.
Sadly, it does not. I have made my own version of the script, but just some settings are different such as adding extra -L info etc. and also the directory names.

But despite not being that different from your script, Deluge in 16.04 doesn't do anything you told it to do.

Even the startup script does not even do its work. Some other script just takes it place. deluge-webui script also is nowhere to be found, when using webmin to look for it. The are like some prisoners on the directory you told them to copy to. Nothing more :lol:
regnis

Post by regnis »

I have managed to fix this mess.

What was the problem? Apparently upstart isn't installed by default anymore OR i have deleted it which i would have known or i must have become blind. Very strange indeed.

Code: Select all

sudo apt install upstart upstart-sysv
Because i already messed with deluge before i had this done, a VERY annoying "debian-deluged" was interfering.

Managed to silence him and install Deluged and deluge-webui by

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i '/debian-deluged/d' /var/lib/dpkg/statoverride
regnis

Post by regnis »

I guess, this explains it all..

https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Canonical ... untu-15-04

And i have been living under a rock for the last 3/4 of a year =_=! about this not so small matter.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi,

I've now updated that guide. I'll get cracking on all the rest of the site now 16.04LTS is out.

Thanks for the prompt :thumbup: