Chromium magnet files to Deluge?

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
n2o2diver

Chromium magnet files to Deluge?

Post by n2o2diver »

I want to start off with a Big Thanks for this site. My server has been up and running fine for almost a year thanks to this site and all the help I get here.. I use the server daily.

On occasion I would go to a site like piratebay and download a torrent file. Afterwards, I would open Deluge and add the file and all worked well.

Now, more and more sites are switching to the magnet link vise torrent files. When clicking on the magnet link in Chromium it doesn't do anything. I was under the impression it would launch Deluge and automatically add the file to the downloads. Anyone have a simple way to make Deluge play nice with magnet links?

Thanks
Sean

PS My Raspberry PI is suppose to be here soon!!! Anyone else get theirs yet?
mpompey

Re: Chromium magnet files to Deluge?

Post by mpompey »

Here's what I do:

You can usually right click on the magnet file icon and open in another tab in Chromium. Then I copy that URL and add it to Deluge via the add URL option.

It is clunky but it works for me. I haven't dove in to figure out how to make Chromium automatically launch Deluge.

MP
n2o2diver

Re: Chromium magnet files to Deluge?

Post by n2o2diver »

Thanks! That works!!!