Re-mounting LV on old data disks

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
PeterHobson

Re-mounting LV on old data disks

Post by PeterHobson »

Hi. I installed Ubuntu Server 12.04 a couple of weeks ago on a 64 GB SSD and then added four 2 TB hard drives which I successfully mounted my media files onto. I have set up the OS using LVM.

I have been playing around with the OS and for various reasons decided to re-install on the SSD. I've done this OK but now I am trying to work out how I can access the existing data on the hard drives. I have set up the folder structure through a putty session exactly the same as before but cannot work out how to mount these onto the hard disk where the data is (I'm using Webmin and Samba). The only option I seem to get in Samba is to create a new LV and then mount that, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Peter
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Re: Re-mounting LV on old data disks

Post by Andy Horn »

ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Bloody forum logged me out as I tried to answer this.

Hi Peter.

http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Configure ... rives.html

This link shows you how to add additional drives in the section marked "How to add additional drives", here you should see your drives waiting to be mounted and if they are all ready formatted under Linux then you should have no problems mounting them in webmin.

Andy
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi Andy

Did you try checking the "Log me on automatically each visit" option on the forum? Did it not help?

Ian.
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Post by Andy Horn »

Hi Ian

I will give that a go, see what happens.

Andy