MusicIP disappeared from menu

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
A70sDinosaur

MusicIP disappeared from menu

Post by A70sDinosaur »

Recently MusicIp started creating duplicate tracks when I scanned for new music. To correct this I used the method described (http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Install-t ... sicIP.html) of removing default.m3lib and recreating the MUsicIP Database.
Unfortunately after doing this "Create MusicIP Mixes" has disappeared from my Squeezebox player song menus and I can't create mixes. I tried a rescan and clear of the LMS server. Is it just a matter of time before I get access to mixes again or is something wrong with my set up?

I use Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit and LMS 7.7.2

Music IP is installed and configured in my server

This is not a satisfactory solution but I replaced the newly created default.m3lib with the original one (which I had saved) and am now able to create mixes but there are , as before many duplicated tracks
Ian

Re: MusicIP disappeared from menu

Post by Ian »

Hi,

I've not seen this issue myself so am only guessing here but I'm wondering whether you need to remove MusicIP from squeezecenter and re-add it?

So, go into http://YourMediaServer:9000/ in your browser and click on "Settings" at the bottom of the page. Then click on the Plugins tab and uncheck MusicIP then click Apply. Once Squeezecenter has restarted go back into Settings once again re-check MusicIP.

In the Settings menu what does "View Previous Scan Details" show? (This option can be found on the Basic Settings tab.

Ian.
A70sDinosaur

Post by A70sDinosaur »

You may be right about reinstalling but I am wondering if I need to go further and delete the Squeezeserver cache files in the /Var directory.
Here are the scan results:

Media Scan Details
Discovering files/directories: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac (25619 of 25619) Complete 00:00:04

Removing deleted files: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac (3 of 3) Complete 00:00:00

Scanning new music files: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac (4 of 4) Complete 00:00:00

Scanning new media files: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac (5049 of 5049) Complete 00:00:00

Discovering playlists: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac/Playlists (4 of 4) Complete 00:00:00

Scanning new playlists: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac/Playlists (3 of 3) Complete 00:00:00

MusicIP Import (657 of 657) Complete 00:00:01

The server has finished scanning your media library. Total Time:00:00:05 (Wednesday, June 13, 2012 / 3:36 PM)

Player Information
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hmm, this looks like LMS has found your music some other way. If you go into Settings and on the "Basic Settings" Tab in LMS the "Media Folders" option should be blank. Is that so or does it have a value?

Also, when you go into http://YourMediaServer:10002/ how many songs does it show next to "Total songs"? I'm guessing it should show some 30,000? It looks from your previous post that there's only 657?

Ian.
A70sDinosaur

Post by A70sDinosaur »

http://localhost:10002/ shows :Total songs 25,848
Mixable songs 25,835

This is incorrect though because there are in fact according to LMS: Total Tracks: 21,227

I have never left the Media Folders in Basic Settings blank; I have always pointed it to my music directory and this has worked in the past.

Edit: I just tried leaving Media Folder blank and rescanning but it shows 0 Albums, Artists, Tracks, Genres etc when I do that
Last edited by A70sDinosaur on June 13th, 2012, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Post by Ian »

A70sDinosaur wrote:I have never left the Media Folders in Basic Settings blank; I have always pointed it to my music directory and this has worked in the past.
That's curious :think: Can't remember where I read it now but you're supposed to leave that field blank to ensure that LMS uses the files stored in MusicIP. What happens if you blank out that field and then select "Clear Library and rescan everything"?

Ian.
A70sDinosaur

Post by A70sDinosaur »

You replied as I was editing

I just tried leaving Media Folder blank and rescanning but it shows 0 Albums, Artists, Tracks, Genres etc when I do that
I know once I put the old default.m3lib back in the MusicIP folder it will all work again

Here is the latest scan with Media Folder directed to my music( after removing default.m3lib and deleting var/lib/squeezeserver/cache folder:

Library Statistics
Total Images: 4,982
Total Videos: 23
Total Tracks: 21,207
Total Albums: 1,810
Total Artists: 629
Total Genres: 81
Total Playing Time: 1517:40:08

Media Scan Details
Discovering files/directories: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac (25619 of 25619) Complete 00:00:04

Scanning new music files: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac (22769 of 22769) Complete 00:01:38

Scanning new media files: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac (5049 of 5049) Complete 00:02:59

Discovering playlists: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac/Playlists (4 of 4) Complete 00:00:00

Scanning new playlists: /media/STORAGE/Music/Flac/Playlists (3 of 3) Complete 00:00:01

MusicIP Import (18792 of 18792) Complete 00:00:08

Pre-caching Artwork (1678 of 1678) Complete 00:00:16

The server has finished scanning your media library. Total Time:00:05:06 (Wednesday, June 13, 2012 / 6:09 PM)
A70sDinosaur

Post by A70sDinosaur »

I made a little progress but not quite what I was hoping for. I replaced the new default.m3lib (which does not seem to work) with the old default.m3lib. As I thought MusicIP mixes became available again in my Squeezebox. I also discovered that it is possible, from the gui version of MusicIP to delete songs from the MusicIP library( it gives you the option of deleting from the disc or just from MusicIP). This worked for a number of genres I wanted to eliminate from mixes. Unfortunately I am not able to eliminate the duplicates for some reason and there are a couple of albums that I have validated and archived with fingerprints that refuse to show up as mixable.
Perhaps that is as good as it will get for now
A70sDinosaur

Post by A70sDinosaur »

How easy is it to unistall MUsiciP? I am thinking that a reinstall may solve some of my issues. Right now there is a folder called MusicIP in my home folder and a folder called .MusicMagic in Home folder. Can I just delete these folders or is it more involved
Ian

Post by Ian »

A70sDinosaur wrote:How easy is it to unistall MUsiciP? I am thinking that a reinstall may solve some of my issues. Right now there is a folder called MusicIP in my home folder and a folder called .MusicMagic in Home folder. Can I just delete these folders or is it more involved
I would delete those two folders as you suggest, plus perform one more step:

Code: Select all

sudo update-rc.d -f mmserver remove
Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbup:

Ian.