snapRAID Funny

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
softair

snapRAID Funny

Post by softair »

Have been tinkering recently, rewriting scripts to be more "bullet-proof" and come up with some strange behaviour from snapRAID that could cause problems when using the script you suggest.

1. Run a snapRAID diff when there are lots of files to update: shows all the changes.
2. Run snapRAID sync to synchronize everything. This will take time obviously.
3. Interrupt the snapRAID sync (Ctrl/C or reboot) while it's running. Documentation suggests it will pick up where it left off
4. Run a snapRAID diff (as you would using the script again), and it often shows "no changes" (sometimes just one or two).
5. Run a snapRAID sync and the sync appears to start where it left off, still with some significant time to run.

So... if you have a pretty static set of files, and the snapRAID script gets clobbered while syncing after a significant update, the sync may not get run again until the files are updated again.

Think I might just use the diff for delete protection, and otherwise always run the sync even if no changes flagged. Looks safer that way

Bob
Ian

Re: snapRAID Funny

Post by Ian »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the pointer. That's obviously a bug in the "diff" argument to snapraid. I'll pass that back to the developers if you've not done so already.

Thank you. :clap:

Ian.
softair

Re: snapRAID Funny

Post by softair »

No I haven't -wasn't entirely sure it was a bug.

Bob.