PS3 Media Server not running

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
Chunky Kev

PS3 Media Server not running

Post by Chunky Kev »

Hi there,

bit of a noob to Ubuntu and linux, but have to say followed guides to set up server and it was great.
Started a couple of days ago and been working through things and got there, all was good.
Today I tried to automate a couple of things, startup VNC at boot and then tried to do a script to sleep and wake automatically. Some joy. Just went to run PS3 Media Server before fiddling with adding that to a boot up and it seems to start and then nothing. I am stuck and without it Server is a bit pointless.

Any suggestions what I can do to find and then fix problem.
Ian

Re: PS3 Media Server not running

Post by Ian »

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

I'm afraid I've little experience with the PS3 Media Server. All I can suggest is heading over to their forums and asking there. I'm sure they'll be able to help you. Sorry :cry:

Ian.
Chunky Kev

Post by Chunky Kev »

Thanks for response I have now taken your advise and will see what happens.

Any general thoughts from a Ubuntu side about anything that might cause it, or ways to check logs that might give some glues.

As I say Noob to Ubuntu so I am struggling with ideas where to look. ;)
DunkB

Post by DunkB »

Hi Kev What does the log file say? PSM starts headless so their isn't any thing to see. Have you pointed it at your media etc?