MusicIP and Logitechmediaserver

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
A70sDinosaur

MusicIP and Logitechmediaserver

Post by A70sDinosaur »

Any chance that the instructions for installing MusicIP to work with Logitechmediaserver might be updated for Ubuntu 18.04. The new systemd makes it impossible as far as I can tell to launch mmserver on boot or adjust it to launch before LMS.

Thanks
gmachine24

Re: MusicIP and Logitechmediaserver

Post by gmachine24 »

Hi. Don't know if you're running a headless server. I had trouble changing the boot sequence via the command line as well in earlier versions of Ubuntu server. Eventually, I found a program that allowed me to do this - but it has a GUI. Sadly, I can't recall the name and if it runs only with a GUI. This is where taking notes during installation would have helped. :-)

Anyway ... if you search, perhaps you can find it.
gmachine24

Post by gmachine24 »

Last week I installed Ubuntu live media server 18.04 LTS as a headless server; installed MusicIP and followed instructions on this site to make MusicIP start before LMS. And it works. So . . .

My problem is I cannot find the m3lib database. But everything works fine. Also, I set MusicIP to rescan/update its database every morning at 9 a.m. The music selection is better than I recall from my last install of MusicIP - but I did not set it to update every day.
GillRios

Post by GillRios »

Hi...once you have installed LogitechMediaServer there is a great little application called MusicIP which can be used to create intelligent playlists on-the-fly from within Squeezebox Server. As with a lot of this guide the following instructions work well for Bionic 18.04.
First off we'll need to download and install MusicIP itself. Once we've done that we'll need to change the start order of LogitechMediaServer and MusicIP to ensure that MusicIP starts before LogitechMedia Server. If we don't carry out this step then LogitechMediaServer will not be aware of MusicIP (since LogitechMediaServer checks for it on startup) and will just default to using your regular library.

seo toronto