problem with mythtv setup

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
mike

problem with mythtv setup

Post by mike »

Hi

been a while since I've posted, but I've encountered a problem setting up mythtv, and hopefully someone knows what I'm doing wrong to correct me. I expect it's something really simple, but I'm banging my head off a brick wall at present.

I've done a fresh install of 12.04 and have made my first attempt at setting up mythtv. To this end, I've followed the guide and downloaded and installed mythtv. After much trawling of the web I have managed to get my tuner cards (x3) recognised and set-up in the mythtv backend.

My problem lies in not being able to add 'myself' to the mythtv user group. I can run the backend set-up and when exiting the set-up I get prompted with a message do I want to start myth backend, if I say yes I'm prompted to add my current login password. I have assumed this is my ubuntu log in, but this gets bounced saying it is incorrect. I also tried the 4 digit pin provided in the general stetings tab of mythtv backend set-up with no luck.

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

thanks in anticipation

Mike
Ian

Re: problem with mythtv setup

Post by Ian »

Hi Mike,

To add yourself to the mythtv user group type the following:

Code: Select all

sudo adduser mike mythtv
Hope that helps although I've not tried mythtv on 12.04.

Ian.
mike

Re: problem with mythtv setup

Post by mike »

Thanks Ian

Expected there would be a simple solution. Unfortunately it seems the power supply of my server has died (at least I hope its not the mobo) so I have yet to replace it to put things right. I'll let you know if it works when I get round to putting an old psu into the server.

cheers
Mike