Folder problems

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
Peter James

Folder problems

Post by Peter James »

Hi

I have managed get get putty and webmin working and I have added the partion of my first drive to Samba file sharing and I can read and write to it from my windows network (Though my TV cannot see it ATM)

I have added a second drive to my server partitioned it and it added the two physical drives together, however when I add data to the drives I only seem to be able to add 230gb (about the size of the first partition I cant work out why?
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (51.33 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 2.JPG (76.97 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
Ian

Re: Folder problems

Post by Ian »

Have you added the second drive (the large one) as a samba share?
Peter James

Post by Peter James »

Ian wrote:Have you added the second drive (the large one) as a samba share?
I am not sure, I started off with just one drive in the machine got that working following the instructions and making a tempoary folder, when I added the second drive it would not let me use the same folder so i made a different one. Ubunto is so different from windows sharing wise I struggled to make sense of the adding drives instructions
Peter James

Post by Peter James »

To add I thought that I had mounted the 200gb drive correctly and I had access to the whole 200gb on my windows network, in actual fact I only seem to have 20gb? I cant see how or where the shared folder is restricted?