Have you been having trouble with the BBS?

LarryJB

Have you been having trouble with the BBS?

Post by LarryJB »

For what seems like an eternity I have not been able to access the forum. I have started my server build and I have had lots of questions, that I am sure someone here can answer. But every time I try to navigate to the forum I get a picture of an alligator. Are you back to stay?
Oh, please ,please say yes!!!!!!
Could you also give a short description of what caused this interruption.

Thanks,

Larry
Larry Browning
Linux newbie, but having fun and learning!
There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary and those that don't.
LarryJB

Re: Have you been having trouble with the BBS?

Post by LarryJB »

Also I am planning on having a "Help Larry build his server" party next month where I invite all me nerdy friends over and they can either help and/or learn about putting together a Ubuntu home server.
I was sure hoping this site and forum would be an available source for my party.
Now that the forum seems to be back online maybe it will be!!!!
Larry Browning
Ian

Post by Ian »

You'll need to get the beers in Larry as your party can still go ahead. :D

I've been told the issue has now been resolved. They said the same a few weeks ago but this time I'm more confident.
For some reason the home page on my main site has been trashed but the forum seems more stable now. :roll:

It was, apparently, a DNS problem at my hosting provider's end. They've tweaked something and assure me all is now good. :thumbup:

I'll be keeping a close eye on things and will get back onto them if it's still not right.

Thanks for not giving up Larry. Please fire away with your questions and good luck with your build and party :thumbup:

Ian.
LarryJB

Post by LarryJB »

I hope to post some pictures and comments afterwards. Right now, it is tentatively planned for June 18, but things can change with schedules and the like.
Larry Browning
Ian

Post by Ian »

Looking forward to the pictures and comments. :clap:

Don't you feel brave enough to make a start on your own? Are you going to assemble the server from the components upwards or are you just installing software? If the latter then you can't "break" anything. At least not permanently. If you screw up simply wipe the drive and start over. I've lost count of the number of times I've popped the CD back into my server and started afresh! It's all part of the fun :twisted:

Ian.