Have The Know How Article Clarification

pdxrealtor

Have The Know How Article Clarification

Post by pdxrealtor »

First - thanks to the writer of the Netgear 550 help articles.

I would appreciate it if the author would clarify which file structure format in this picture is the correct format so that box sets display properly on the ALL MOVIES wall of the Netgear.

While the article that accompanies this image is very detailed, I myself can't take away from it the one correct folder structure that should be used for ALL MOVIES view with box sets and movie collections being displayed in the format of 'box set cover>Movie>Movie>Movie

http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Hardware- ... r-Art.html
Ian

Re: Have The Know How Article Clarification

Post by Ian »

Hi there and welcome to the forums :thumbup:

The image you've pasted should give you that. But from memory, there was a bug in the handling of the coverart but for the life of me I can't remember what it was exactly or whether it is relevant or not.

What is not working properly for you? Maybe I can help?

Ian.
pdxrealtor

Post by pdxrealtor »

Ian wrote:Hi there and welcome to the forums :thumbup:

The image you've pasted should give you that. But from memory, there was a bug in the handling of the coverart but for the life of me I can't remember what it was exactly or whether it is relevant or not.

What is not working properly for you? Maybe I can help?

Ian.
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm trying to use MCM but the only way to create 'collections' as MCM calls them is to have a file structure of 7 8 & 9 in your picture.

IF I'm understanding your article (finally! Me problem- not you :) ) it seems the only way to have 'collections' show properly on the ALL MOVIES wall is to set a file structure as 6 as pictured whereas all movies of the collection are placed in one folder. In that folder the box set image must be folder.jgg and each movie within the collection must have a moviname.jpg image....... which..... MCM can't do.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hi,

If you want each movie within a folder to be displayed on the movie wall they each need a movie.jpg file (or have the image embedded in each .tag file). If you want them to all to be depicted by a single image then use a folder.jpg file and don't have the image embedded in the .tag or a movie.jpg file at all.

Does that make sense?

Ian.
pdxrealtor

Post by pdxrealtor »

It does. Your second example, in quotes below, will yield a situation in 'all movies view' like this-

Dark knight Collection- folder.jpg < this will display the collection image and when you click on it open to the three actual movies with .TAG files as long as, like you say, the .TAG does not have an image embedded. The problem with this though, is that the three movies will be displayed as generic Netgear icons since there is no image file for it to read.

To get the images or 'cover art' to extend into the 'The Dark Knight Collection' folder you need to add an image file for each movie, but instead of naming it folder.jpg the image file will need to match the .iso file name. So 'Batman Begins.ISO' will need a 'Batmanbegins.jpg'

In short- the folder structure with folder.jpg 6 is the way to organize movies so the Negear displays 'all movies' view and box sets correctly.

The trick is now figuring out how to work with MCM to make this happen. :) As you said - the dev over there is really responsive and has already asked that I submit a ticket. :)

'If you want them to all to be depicted by a single image then use a folder.jpg file and don't have the image embedded in the .tag or a movie.jpg file at all.'
Ian

Post by Ian »

pdxrealtor wrote:Dark knight Collection- folder.jpg < this will display the collection image and when you click on it open to the three actual movies with .TAG files as long as, like you say, the .TAG does not have an image embedded. The problem with this though, is that the three movies will be displayed as generic Netgear icons since there is no image file for it to read.
But only if each movie is in its own folder. If you want them each to be displayed on the main movie wall then you'll either need them in separate folders with a .jpg file in each folder or an image embedded in each tag. If you just want one image to for them all then put them all in the one folder.
pdxrealtor wrote:To get the images or 'cover art' to extend into the 'The Dark Knight Collection' folder you need to add an image file for each movie, but instead of naming it folder.jpg the image file will need to match the .iso file name. So 'Batman Begins.ISO' will need a 'Batmanbegins.jpg'
This will give you an image on the movie wall for each movie in the collection. Is that what you're after?

Ian.
pdxrealtor

Post by pdxrealtor »

Correct - when being viewed via 'ALL MOVIES'. This is exactly what you display in your image Harry Potter The Order of the Phoenix (indicated by a number 6)

This will give you an image on the movie wall for each movie in the collection. Is that what you're after?

Ian.