Deluge issue when torrent tries to download

tvansmack

Deluge issue when torrent tries to download

Post by tvansmack »

Hello, I am a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff and I have gotten really close to figuring this out. I have recently hit a wall and I need some assistance. I have installed Deluge and Flexget. I can access the Deluge Web Interface and I have set up my personal Flexget settings and my torrents are trying to download. However, the downloaded torrents show up in deluge but immediately go from a "downloading" progress to an "error". I think it might be a permission issue with the folders I am trying to download my torrents to ( /media/UserData/TV ) but I am not sure. I have tried to give the deluge user ownership of each folder but that didn't seem to work...
Please help me out as being so close and not getting it to work is extremely frustrating.

Thanks,
Todd
ricksebak

Re: Deluge issue when torrent tries to download

Post by ricksebak »

Yeah, that's probably related to permissions. You can confirm it by looking in your Deluge webui, click on a torrent, and go to the Details tab.

Run this to double check what user deluge is supposed to run as:

Code: Select all

grep DELUGED_USER /etc/default/deluge-daemon
It will probably be the user "deluge". Then run this to change ownership of your download directory:

chown -R deluge /media/UserData/TV
(Or substitute "deluge" for whatever user account deluge is actually using)

Then set permissions with

chmod -R 755 /media/UserData/TV

If deluge still can't download, post the results of the above grep and then the results of

ls -ald /media/UserData/TV
tvansmack

Post by tvansmack »

Thanks for the quick reply... Had a crazy busy rest of the week and this is the first chance I've had to work with this. I tried your commands and still no luck on getting the downloads to start. Here is the results you asked for:

DELUGED_USER="deluge"

drwxr-xr-x 51 deluge root 4096 Jun 30 21:46 /media/UserData/TV

Thanks again for any assistance with this.

Todd
ricksebak

Post by ricksebak »

The deluge user should be able to write to that directory. Do you know for sure that it's a permissions problem? Are the files/directories inside /media/UserData/TV also owned by the user deluge? If you do "sudo chmod -R 777 /media/UserData/TV", do downloads work after that?
tvansmack

Post by tvansmack »

I'm embarrassed to reply that the problem was my config set-up for flexget.. The download folder was set to /"/media/UserData/incomplete rather than just /media/UserData/incomplete. After your post I went through every step to see if I could find a mistake.. and i did. I truly appreciate the help as it guided me to find what I had done wrong.

Thanks again Rick.

Todd