Page 1 of 1

Myth TV "grabber" problem

Posted: February 26th, 2015, 8:06 pm
by kiniku70
I setup Myth TV then later added a HDHomerun extend tuner. Everything seems to be working fine. I am wanting U.S. broadcast TV only and I am subscribed to a lineup provider. The problem is when I run Mythweb I have channels listed but no lineup data is listed. When I run the mythfilldatabase refresh I receive this error: "No channels are configured to use grabber." I've gone up and down the settings and I cannot seem to find the cause of this error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Should I restart the entire Myth TV install and setup?

Re: Myth TV "grabber" problem

Posted: February 26th, 2015, 8:54 pm
by kiniku70
My problem was a lack of attention to detail. On Schedules Direct I didn't have a lineup selected. In my case OTA broadcast. So now refreshing mythfilldatabase ran noticeably slower.

That's what I get for setting up mythTV late at night under the influence :)

Re: Myth TV "grabber" problem

Posted: December 19th, 2016, 7:24 am
by angelkett
This might be an I/O saturation issue. mythfilldatabase and MySQL can cause tough disk or ATA bus saturation, causing Mythbackend to starve. Older versions of MySQL would purpose disk thrashing due to the usage of write limitations. that could be solved with the aid of including nobarrier to the /and many others/fstab access for the record machine that holds your database (usually the root filesystem):

UUID=900c3f88-ce0c-4a92-8e28-9ac04fdd1b09 / ext4 nobarrier,errors=remount-ro 0 1

notice that this can reason document machine corruption if you have strength failures or machine crashes. If that may be a problem you ought to flow the databse to a separate file device. With recent variations of Linux and MySQL limitations not reason this hassle.

This additionally be resulting from excessive memory utilization. See memory usage above.