command with the idea of following Ian's temp scripts, when I run

Code: Select all

sensors
I get the following output.
k8temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Core0 Temp: +29.0°C
Core1 Temp: +29.0°C
What is the "Â" about, is this displaying in place of another character because i've missed something somewhere else?
When I check the temp of my hard drives I get the same thing, does anyone else have this?

Not a major problem but when the script outputs the temp it doesn't look nice and I'm picky.

Dunk :)
Ian

Re: Strange sensors output

Post by Ian »

Hi Dunk,

This is a character encoding issue (but you probably know that already). Are you doing this from Putty or somewhere else?

If from Putty then on the main Putty Configuration screen (before you start your saved session) select your Saved Session, click Load and then click on Translation under the Window menu option category. From the drop-down list select UTF-8 and then go back to your Saved Session (by clicking on the Session Category) and click the Save button.
Now load your session, log into your server and try the sensors command again.

Any better?

Ian.
DunkB

Post by DunkB »

Genius! :clap:

I was sure I had done something daft in Ubuntu like switching the character map from english to Danish or something. It didn't even occur to me to look at Putty. :oops:

Thanks Ian

Dunk :)
Ian

Post by Ian »

Well, had I not had the exact same issue myself I'd probably have told you to check your server settings too! ;)

As and when you decide to use that temperature script you'll obviously need to tweak it to work with your motherboard. If you need any help just shout :thumbup:

Ian.