TwonkyMedia Server

Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

TwonkyMedia Server

Post by Andy Horn »

I have just installed TwonkyMedia Server on my server and it looks pretty good so far, Xbox 360's are supported which is good for me.

A bit a of a tip for anyone interested in using Twonky on a Linux box, download the manual installation and apparently you get the 30 day trial forever, although it is a little tricky to install well at least it was for me :roll:

I will update in 30 days time to confirm this.

http://www.twonky.com/products/twonkyli ... loads.aspx

Andy
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Re: TwonkyMedia Server

Post by Andy Horn »

Mmm it seem's I will have to pay for Twonky as it is counting the day's for my card details :!: :!:

It kinda go's against the grain having to pay for Linux software, unless anyone knows of another solution for streaming movies to Xbox 360's from Ubuntu (24 day's left on the trial version), although it is only £13.

Cheers

Andy
DunkB

Post by DunkB »

Hi Andy

We stream to a number of renderers from our server including an xbox360 using PS3Mediaserver. It isn't perfect (what is) but it has a great support network and it's freeeeeeeee.

:)
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Post by Andy Horn »

Hi DunkB

Thanks for the tip, I am trying PS3Mediaserver. not sure about it as yet.

XBMC would be perfect for the job-but it needs the video drivers installing which from what I can gather don't seem to work with server kernal, unless anyone knows different.

I have also tried installing Fuppes but with no success and another to add to the list is uShare.

Andy
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Post by Andy Horn »

I have had no success with PS3 Media Server.

The TwonkyMedia trial will soon expire.

However I have installed and configured uShare with a bit of help from http://liamm.com/tech/how-toxbox-360-me ... r-in-linux and it seems to fit the bill nicely.

The X360's in our house find it with no issues and it places a folder view on the X350's dashboard unlike Twonky which just dumped all my videos into one folder, so I would end up having TV episodes mixed up with my movies.

Andy