Sky TV

Sky TV

Post by Guest »

on the front page of havetheknowhow.com you lead me to believe that its possible to watch a single sky channel in each room independently of any other room

i would like to be able to do this, how is this set up??
Ian

Re: Sky TV

Post by Ian »

Hi and thanks for taking the time to post.

Each TV can watch the same single sky channel via the use of a LoftBox.
You can change the channel remotely using a Sky TV Link.

If you want me to explain exactly how it’s all wired up just shout!
Ian

Post by Ian »

To save you "shouting" I've updated my site with a page explaining how to do it: Distribute Sky around the home

Post by Guest »

Nice one, thanks for that :)
MEM

Post by MEM »

Hi

I bought the loftbox after reading your article, however during the rewire of my house I think I have forgotten the return wire from the loftbox to the sky box.

So.....

I have the two wires from the dish going to the sky box.

I have a wire connected to the UHF on the loftbox that runs to the back of the quadruplex socket and that's it :eh:

The diagram shows another wire that runs from the living room socket of the loft box to the quadruplex socket, why does it need a return wire?

If it does, does this also need to be connected to the back of the quadruplex socket?

I've managed to get the rf link working in my old house but that was a single wire from one tv to the other.

I think I'm struggling with what connects to what and the quadruplex socket more than anything. Plus this missing cable :roll:

Thanks in advance