Google Drive

Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Google Drive

Post by Andy Horn »

Erm it's a cloud drive by Google, erm Google it to find out more.

Should be very useful for people like me who need access to documents when out and about and guess what it works with Android what a chuffing surprise :!: :!:

Andy
Ian

Re: Google Drive

Post by Ian »

Hi Andy,

I wasn't aware of that before so thank you :thumbup:

I'm currently using Ubuntu One which syncs my phone and Ubuntu desktops. I'm using my Google Account to sync my contacts and the like across my different devices. But am still looking for something to sync my bookmarks. None work nicely with the Dolphin HD browser on my phone. :cry:

Whilst on the subject, does anyone else feel slightly uneasy about putting "personal" stuff up on the cloud?

Ian.
Andy Horn
Knows their stuff

Post by Andy Horn »

Whilst on the subject, does anyone else feel slightly uneasy about putting "personal" stuff up on the cloud?
I do to certain extent, I would never put things like bank account details or family photos in the cloud, a few spread sheets should be ok though.

Andy
Abysmal Craig

Post by Abysmal Craig »

There was a small cloud company based in Amsterdam who were offering 10GB of free space for the first 3 months of subscription, but it turned out they were accessing the files stored on the cloud servers.

They were caught eventual but not before they did damage. I cant for the life of me remember the name of the company but I do remember it being on the news like 3 years ago when the 'big cloud race' began.

I never use clouds for this reason. Stick to pen drives - so much easier :D
Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 Intel Motherboard
Processor: OVERCLOCKED Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz
RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1866MHz
Hard Drives: Intel SSD 60GB for O/S 2x 3.5TB WD for Data