GUI

jbouwer

GUI

Post by jbouwer »

Hello

After following the instructions to setup a graphical interface on my ubuntu Wordpress server, and after a restart, I was presented by a nice blue screen with a login screen. But the problem is twofold; first it came up with my full name, rather than the username given to the Wordpress server. Second no matter what password I enter, it won't allow me to enter.

I have so say that I noticed during the request for a password during setup, that I was told that the password was too long and was going to be truncated to 8 digits/characters. So I tried several combinations of my original password as well, but to no avail.

So I am stuck with a nice blue login screen and get get any further. Any suggestions please?

JB

Okay I finally got in by using Gnome and my original password. Since the screen etc is blue and stays blue, it is very hard to see any text. Is there an uninstall command for this install? I was also able to see the command line box, but every time I press enter the box disappears. Please advice.
SergeantBort

Re: GUI

Post by SergeantBort »

Generally if it truncates a password, it would be the first 8 characters...

if that is not working and the blue screen is a result of the install of wordpress

you can go in through putty and do

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove wordpress