Ubuntu 12.04 Samba Help

MrJk

Ubuntu 12.04 Samba Help

Post by MrJk »

Hi all

A couple of days ago i decided to turn my old pc into a server rather than throw it away.
I installed ubuntu 12.04 server followed the guide but i am stuck now on the samba part, The problem is that i don't think i did the permissions setup properly.

so i can see the server on windows 7

I can login using the user i created, and see this folder

But then i get this error

Thx Jk
ricksebak

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 Samba Help

Post by ricksebak »

I would assume that the answer to this question will be in your Samba log. On my server that log is /var/log/samba/log.smbd.

If you can't figure it out yourself or with some Googling, try to access your Samba share and then post the relevant lines from that log.
danhansen@denmark

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 Samba Help

Post by danhansen@denmark »

MrJk wrote: Hi all
A couple of days ago i decided to turn my old pc into a server rather than throw it away.
I installed ubuntu 12.04 server followed the guide but i am stuck now on the samba part, The problem is that i don't think i did the permissions setup properly
ricksebak wrote:I would assume that the answer to this question will be in your Samba log. On my server that log is /var/log/samba/log.smbd.
If you can't figure it out yourself or with some Googling, try to access your Samba share and then post the relevant lines from that log.
Hi,

I'm pretty curious regarding this issue ;) I'm setting up an Ubuntu Server 12.04.2 as well. Have several servers, but this is my first fileserver and I will be installing Samba as well. So please, don't hesitate to discuss it in here ;)

I'm looking very much forward to hear about your progress ;)

Kind Regards,
Dan Hansen
Denmark