deluge email notification

Discussion and Technical Support for general software applications and utilities including OS related issues.
synergenerator

deluge email notification

Post by synergenerator »

Hi,

Many thanks for your detailed how-to on setting up a home media server. I am a little confused on a number of configuration aspects though.

Is the only way to get an email that a torrent file is complete by using FlexGet w/ deluge? I upgraded deluge to 1.3.3 but I am still confused how to handle the email notification form.

Hostname:
Port:
Username:
Password:

Recipients:

I don't understand why I need to provide a password. I would like to send an email for example to my gmail account. When I click to add a recipient, I try to edit the field that is added to my gmail account but it doesn't stick.
Ian

Re: deluge email notification

Post by Ian »

Hi,

I can't remember the version off-hand where I saw this issue and the version I use does not have a "form" where I can configure this. But I have added the following lines to my FlexGet config.yml file and I get emails whenever the torrent file has downloaded. I do not get an email to say the file itself has finished downloading, just that the torrent file has:

Code: Select all

email:
      to: mytoemailaddress@gmail.com
      smtp_host: smtp.gmail.com
      smtp_port: 587
      smtp_login: True
      smtp_username: myfromemailaddress@gmail.com
      smtp_password: mypassword
      smtp_tls: true

NOTE: the "email:" line is indented 4 spaces in the config.yml file and the lines underneath it are indented a further two spaces.

The smtp_username & smtp_password values are the ones you'd use when logging onto gmail via the gmail web interface.

Does this help?

Ian.
synergenerator

Post by synergenerator »

Thanks Ian,

I thought I could just get by with running TED/Deluge combo at first, but from your advice, I have moved forward w/ FlexGET. Of course now it appears I am having some trouble with ezrss with my Verizon connection (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r228326 ... ssit-94752). I am still curious about using the deluge notification system, but have not found a lot of documentation. Also it seems that I cannot enable the notification plugin from deluge-webui in the "preferences" dialog-box.
Ian

Post by Ian »

The ezrss site seems to have been up and down like a yoyo over the past few weeks (even many times in one day). I appreciate what those people are saying on that link you pasted but I would have expected more than one thread on the internet if it was really blacklisted? Just my opinion.

Yeah, a while back I had an issue whereby the "preferences" dialog box appeared read-only and changes never stuck. Can't remember whether it was solved via an upgrade or I simply stopped using that particular interface (sorry I can't remember more clearly :oops: ). I do recall there were a few threads on the deluge forums about it so maybe a quick nose there will solve the mystery?

Yeah, the Flexget documentation is a little bit sparse and things have changed plenty since I first installed it on my server. I've probably updated that guide on my site more times than any other page. :roll:

Ian.